Patriotic HTV and Craft Vinyl Ideas for the 4th of JulyJune 21, 2017
Happy First Day of Summer, friends! Can you believe that it’s almost July?! Yeah, me either. But that means that I can officially start planning my family’s 4th of July holiday weekend without feeling like I’m getting too ahead of myself (Has anyone else started their Christmas shopping or is it just me?)
One of our favorite activities is checking out a craft show at a local park after watching the parade. I love walking around with my family, eating elephant ears, and taking in all the craft vendors. I get such fun ideas for home décor, gardening accessories, and gifts!
But if you want some project ideas that you can make in time for the holiday, don’t fret! We have a ton and what better way to celebrate America’s birthday than with creating some home-made heat transfer vinyl (HTV) and craft vinyl projects that bleed red, white, and blue!
1. You can find shirts with flags and patriotic sayings pretty much everywhere. I mean, Old Navy Flag T-Shirts are still a thing, right? This year, change things up a bit and wear something handmade! Create something for yourself using Parsbee Sparkle HTV. Or make matching shirts for the whole family, because the photos ops would be endless!
2. Do you decorate your entire house every time another holiday rolls around? If so, there are innumerable possibilities when it comes to star-spangled décor! Make fun and unique pieces using blocks of wood, pallets, glass, canvas, or fabric. You can also make something temporary to put directly on your wall with our Parsbee Removable Vinyl in Matte or Gloss!
3. 4th of July parades are fun (and loud), but let’s just be real. They prove we’re all still kids at heart, because nothing beats running into the street to snag those Tootsie Rolls before the other kids. Use some Parsbee HTV to decorate a canvas bag so your kids (or yourself!) have the perfect place to stash their haul.
4. Growing up, my mom had all sorts of seasonal items that she would put outside in her garden, but some of my favorites were the little banners on burlap. Customize several for the summer season, including one to put out for the 4th of July. I found so many cute ones, head over to our Stars and Stripes Pinterest board for some ideas!
5. Lastly, what’s a craft vinyl project without some really cute SVG files? We love the ones from lovesvg.com, especially their collection of 4th of July designs. Choose one or more for your projects this year, and don’t forget to share your finished projects with us through social media!
Join our Facebook group, Vinyl All Things, to keep up with fun Parsbee giveaways, promos, links to free SVG files, and a whole lot of project ideas from our vinyl crafting family!
Happy Crafting, Bees!
Last Minute Father’s Day Projects for the Best Guys in Your Life!June 14, 2017
Summer is finally heating up here in the Midwest, and with the hot weather comes barbecues, ice cream, hanging out poolside, and of course, Father’s Day this weekend!
If you’ve procrastinated or just been stuck on how to get the man who has it all the *perfect* Father’s Day gift, you’re not alone. I’m self-admittedly the WORST at buying and giving gifts on time. (I’m that person who’s buying a wedding card on the way to the ceremony…my bad!) So, if you’re still searching for something as special as the men in your life, here are a couple easy craft vinyl projects you can complete before Sunday. And hey, these have the added perk of being handmade gifts that come from the heart!
1. Does your husband/partner/dad/step-dad/grandpa/father figure enjoying grilling? Then here’s a couple of gift options for you! Buy a blank pair of grilling mitts or an apron (or both!) and personalize them for the master griller in your family.
2. Baseball season is upon us, and along with consuming cheap hot dogs and beer at the local team’s games, representing his team is dad’s top priority! Use his favorite team’s logo or a fun “#1 Dad” phrase to create him his very own unique and personalized baseball hat!
3. Dads can never have too many t-shirts, so make this Father’s Day memorable with a shirt or two with one-of-a-kind, thoughtful (or hilarious!) phrases that show just how much he means to you! And if you want to go one step further, make matching shirts for dad and yourself or the kids. Because Mr. Fix-It can’t exist without Mr. Broke-It!
4. Do the men in your life enjoy drinking cold beverages from mugs, cups, cans, and bottles? We thought so! Create a personalized coffee mug, beer stein, or a can or bottle koozie, so on those hot days spent fishing or barbecuing, he can stay cool while being reminded how loved he is!
5. Parsbee gloss and matte craft vinyl, and HTV can be used on almost any surface, so take anything he already uses and give it a face lift! Personalize tools, utility knives, golf bags, camp chairs, or photo frames with fun phrases or your kid’s names as an extra special gift.
Parsbee has already done some of the work for you! Check out our Father’s Day Bundles in either ORACAL® 651 Permanent Gloss Vinyl or ORACAL® 631 Removable Matte Vinyl. Create something meaningful this Father’s Day and make it a day he won’t forget!
Until next week,
Add Some Sparkle to Your Life – 10 Ways to Use Glitter HTV this SummerJune 7, 2017
If you’re anything like me, you like to find multiple uses for the same thing to get the most bang for your buck. If you can find 101+ unique ways to re-purpose mason jars (thanks, Pinterest!), why should it be any different with your heat transfer vinyl?
And whether you love it or loathe it, you can’t deny the joy that even a little bit of glitter can bring to your life. So, if you can’t think of anything better than adding something glittery to EVERYTHING YOU OWN (literally – it just needs to withstand the heat and pressure of a very hot iron), this post is for you! What better way to kick off the summer than to create some new swag for the season?
Here’s a list of 10 unique creations you can make this summer with your Glitter HTV!
1. Substitute rhinestones for Glitter HTV
If you love the look of rhinestones, but hate the idea of spending all that time setting every little stone, this is the perfect alternative for you! Just select a rhinestone template file and size it to fit your scrap of Glitter HTV. Weed out the negative space and voilà! You have the look without any of the fuss in a fraction of the time.
2. Personalized T-Shirt or Tank Top
Know someone who’s getting married soon? Give the gift of personalized t-shirts or tanks to soon-to-be-Mrs. and her bridesmaids for her last fling before the ring or to celebrate a bridal shower, and she’ll have a perfect memento to remember the occasion!
3. Monogrammed Towels
Monogrammed towels are a great gift for anyone heading off to college in the fall, especially those living in a dorm. Not only will personalized towels make them feel just a little bit more adult, but they’re also easy to keep track of when they’re sharing a bathroom with 30 other students!
Not that anyone needs an excuse to give their friend, sister, or co-worker more tiny clothes for their newborn baby, but here’s one anyway! Of all the gifts that I received when my son was born, my favorites were the handmade, personalized items – so gift a onesie (or 7!) with their newborn’s name or a cute catchphrase on it with Glitter HTV!
5. Throw Pillows
Do you love to buy new throw pillows every single time Target has a sale on them? Well, I promise you’re not alone in that. But making your own throw pillows is a less expensive way to change up your style whenever you want! Buy blank pillow covers and add your own image or text with Glitter HTV to spice up your space for holidays or just because!
Custom pillowcases are great for adults AND kids because who wouldn’t love sleeping on a glittery cloud? Make a matching set for you and your partner, or help your child and his or her friends make their own at their next sleepover party! It’s a fun and easy take-away for kids of any age!
7. Wall Décor
Create custom artwork for your home or seasonal décor for every holiday with Glitter HTV and canvas, wood, or fabric! Select a quote, a picture, or a pattern and have a beautiful wall piece that you can brag to your friends about every time they compliment it (which they will)!
Summer is the season for baseball (GO TIGERS!) and beaches, so root on your favorite team or keep the sun out of your eyes while you lay on the sand, all while shining a little bit brighter when the sun comes out with a baseball or floppy hat customized with Glitter HTV!
9. Personalized drinkware
Stay hydrated while making a statement! Glitter HTV can also be used on glass, stainless steel, and pretty much any of the other materials drinkware is available in! Be careful when applying it to plastics, because the heat and pressure from your iron may cause warping or melting.
10. Coffee Mugs
The first thing I do in the morning before absolutely anything else is have a cup of coffee. If you’re like me and depend on your morning caffeine, why not drink it in style? Glitter HTV can be applied to dishwasher safe ceramic mugs to create your new favorite mug!
Now that you have some ideas of how to use your Glitter HTV this summer, buy a few sheets and try it out! We’d love to see photos of your finished projects, so please connect with us on social media and share your adventure!
You Will Fall in Love – With Oratape Transfer Tape from Oracal!May 12, 2017
I have used a lot of different stuff to transfer vinyl onto my projects. I have used paper transfer tape, clear transfer tape. On occasion I have used contact paper (BIG MISTAKE) or painter’s tape. Once in a pinch I used duct tape. I’ve pretty much tried it all. But those days are over, I have found my one true transfer-tape love, ORATAPE MT80P.
This new transfer tape from Oracal was MADE to work with some of your favorite products: Oracal 631 and 651 craft vinyl and 810 and 813 stencil vinyl. It has a gridded liner so it is easy to cut the right size. The transfer tape itself is CRYSTAL CLEAR, making placement easy peasy. It has just the right amount of stick – you know sticky enough to pick up your vinyl, but not so sticky it’s impossible to place the vinyl on your project. All in all, it’s perfect.
Features & Benefits:
- Transparent PVC-based application tape
- Medium adhesive strength
- High tensile strength and removable polyacrylate adhesive
- Repeated use of film is possible
- Check-pattern on the release paper facilitates exact cutting
Check out Oracal’s video about Oratape MT80P:
ORATAPE® MT80P Application Tape is a PVC mounting tape perfect for pre-masking decals and wall graphics. It features a siliconized, transparent liner with a printed grid pattern that makes cutting sections easier and more precise. MT80P’s liner makes it ideal for pre-masking longer graphics with a laminator and aligning overlapping and or oversized graphics a breeze.
I am sure you will love this new product as much as I do; I encourage you to buy a sheet or roll to try it out!
Create a Beach-Inspired Wooden Sign using Oracal 651!May 4, 2017
Like many of you, I love creating and experimenting with different mediums and styles. Somehow, I always go back to my favorite – creating beach-inspired wood signs with a subtle weathered finish. I’ve been working on getting a look that is not too flat, and not too distressed that really pops against design made with white Oracal 651. I want it to mimic the look of Lake Michigan in summer, which in my estimation is the most beautiful thing in the world.
I’ve made several beach-y signs, the mixing of the blue and white paints is just so zen, and I really like the subtle finish mixing creates. It looks like it has been outside in the wind and sand for a year or two. It has some depth, some dimension. And it is so easy! I finish it off with a custom design made with Oracal 651 craft vinyl to make the sign something truly special.
Check out the video below to see how it is done, then read through the instructions. Then, go out and create!
Using Heat Transfer Vinyl on Wood SignsApril 26, 2017
Many of us have used heat transfer vinyl (HTV) to make personalized works of art with fabric; think t-shirts, canvas totes, hats, etc. However did you know that you can use Parsbee HTV on hard surfaces as well? I am in love with making decorative signs and have used all the traditional stenciling and vinyl methods in the past. I had seen some other bloggers use HTV on wood, and I thought, why not try it?
After more research and some experimentation, I have to say I love the result. HTV is thinner and more matte than traditional vinyl so it looks like a painted finish. And it is so much easier than painting!
Check out the tutorial below:
Half-Hour Home Décor Project with Parsbee HTV!April 13, 2017
Sometimes a small change can make a big difference, and it certainly is true for home décor! Today I have an easy, half-hour project that can transform a space. Using Parsbee HTV (heat transfer vinyl), some richly patterned fabric and a great matted frame I can create a high-end look with just a tiny investment. While I chose mid-century modern to match my house style, this project works equally well with all types of homes and decorating. Just mix up the frames, fabrics, sizes and colors to make it truly your own!
Here is what I used: READ MORE
Top 10 Must-Have Items for New CraftersApril 5, 2017
Everyone starts somewhere, and I’m so excited to help you as you launch into your crafting journey! Next to your creative vision (the MOST important part), the tools of the trade are a pretty darn close second – so you definitely want to be sure that you are armed with everything you need! Here are the top 10 must-have items for new crafters.
1. Vinyl or Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV)
This one may seem a bit obvious, which is why it is number one! There is definitely no way to get started crafting without the appropriate media. And there are all kinds of varieties to get you started. Are you a fan of some bling? Parsbee Sparkle craft vinyl or Siser Glitter heat transfer vinyl sounds like a perfect fit. And there are so many more options: chalkboard vinyl, dry erase vinyl, neon HTV, holographic HTV…really, the possibilities are endless! You will need to pay attention to the dimensions of the vinyl, the finish of the vinyl, the permanence of the vinyl, and its properties in regards to what you would like it to adhere to in order to choose the right medium for you to realize your creative vision.
The Good Stuff – Free SVG Files for Your Parsbee Vinyl ProjectsMarch 23, 2017
I really really enjoy making my own artwork for my craft vinyl projects. I am fortunate that I have Illustrator and Photoshop and Canva and Cricut Design Space® and Silhouette Studio and a bunch of different apps to help me realize my creative vision. I can focus, get into the zone, and make some fun stuff. Except when I can’t. I try to create every day, and sometimes I look at a piece of wood, or a t-shirt or a wineglass along with my Parsbee vinyl and I’M JUST NOT FEELING IT. Creative block. Fortunately, there are several sources of generous individuals who share their low cost and free SVG files. When I’m blocked, using these files helps open me up. Additionally, seeing other artist’s font and graphic combinations expands my horizons and helps my creative flow. So after you stock up on craft vinyl and HTV from Parsbee.com, check out these sites for your free SVG files!
Now selling Siser® Heat Transfer Vinyl and Oracal® Vinyl Products!March 16, 2017
Parsbee’s mission is to supply crafters with premium products at great prices. In keeping with this mission, Parsbee has decided to expand their product offerings with the inclusion of the popular Siser® heat transfer vinyl and Oracal® vinyl products.
As an authorized Siser® reseller, Parsbee can now offer the full Siser® Easyweed line-up, which includes standard EasyWeed, EasyWeed Stretch, Glitter, Holographic, and StripFlock. Some outstanding features of the Siser® t-shirt vinyl product line include the ability to peel hot or cold, easy weeding, and high durability.